We are looking for Web Developer Apprentice who would like to jump start their professional career by joining the leading IT company in the region. This position can be held for up to 2 years, and will provide apprentices with a breadth of training and mentorship from IT professionals with vast experience in the field.
Benefits & Perks:
- 4-Day work week
- Free lunch on work days
- Free use of office amenities, like the gym, basketball court, etc
- Rice allowance
- Statutory benefits (SSS, PhilHealth, PAGIBIG)
- Health insurance
- Leave benefits
- Great working environment
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code, while establishing coding standards and promoting best software development practices.
- Create and maintain software documentation throughout entire apprenticeship.
- Cooperate with web design team to match development with visual design intent.
- Meet with stakeholders and management to identify technical issues and apply knowledge to come up with solutions.
- Maintain constant communications with colleagues and teammates to ensure overall efficiency of the team.
- Perform miscellaneous technical tasks and projects as assigned by your team leader, VPs, or C-level executives
- Stay plugged in to emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to daily tasks and projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and rapidly learn diverse web technologies and techniques is a must.
- Some knowledge in PHP frameworks (i.e. Laravel, Symfony)
- A solid understanding of how web applications work, including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming, and web application development.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge on a version control such as GIT preferred.
- Knowledge on Agile development and the Scrum methodology preferred.
- Working knowledge in CSS and SASS framework a plus
- Functional knowledge or hands on experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc) a plus.